5/10/2007

Fred Thompson Quotes Don Kates on Guns

Fred Thompson sets the NY Times straight on the 2nd Amendment. In "Armed with the Truth," Thompson extensively references a letter written by Don Kates to the NY Times, a letter that the NY Times never published.

Thompson will have a very loyal following when he finally announces:

When guns were outlawed in D.C., crime and murder rates skyrocketed. Still, the sentiment exists and must be countered with facts. All of this highlights why it is so important to appoint judges who understand that their job is to interpret the law, as enacted by will of the people, rather than make it up as they go along.


In March I wrote a piece saying how strong I thought Thompson was on the gun issue. I think that Thompson's statements over the last couple of months have shown that what I said was completely accurate.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I wish I was an American so I could vote for Fred Thompson as the next President.
Tony from Aus

5/10/2007 11:58 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

If you are serious, I think that we could work something out. :)

5/11/2007 12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From reading this, I also feel that Mr.Thompson would be an outstanding President. We can only hope that he will run.

I also got the impression that there are many, many people who don't realize that they are probably standing next to someone who is carrying concealed right this minute. Any time someone suggests eliminating a "gun-free zone", these "sheeple" freak out. They don't seem to realize that EVERY place they go is a "conceal-carry zone". When we try to eliminate a "gun-free zone", we are only trying to add to the already-existing "carry zones".

5/13/2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Fred:

I agree with you about Thompson. He would make an excellent President. Thanks for your other comments as well.

5/13/2007 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home