6/06/2007

More bad advice on gun safety

A Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center survey claims that 70 percent of gun owners do not store their firearms "safely." A doctor associated with the study claims: "This concerns us a great deal because having guns in the home increases the likelihood that they will be used in a suicide or unintentional injury.” Of course, there is no discussion about who accidentally fires these guns (hint not law-abiding citizens and not children in those homes) and no mention of the fact that locked guns lead to even more deaths because people are unable to use guns to defend themselves. I don't even see a discussion of how rare accidental gun deaths are or that with suicide there are so many other methods available.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about banning petrol engines for their use in suicides...

I've a couple of friends who seperately attempted to gas themselves with diesels.

I've not told them why it didn't work, and they say that for about a week afterwards it feels like Tyson is punching hell out of their heads in a bare knuckle match.
Keith

6/06/2007 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose we're part of that 70% because we keep a loaded gun in the household. It's under lock and key but quickly accessible in an emergency situation. It's actually for my wife when I'm out of town.

The one I would use is the one in my holster. Oops! Another violation!

6/08/2007 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home