5/23/2008

On Obama being willing to discuss issues with those he disagrees

Fox News has this:

“Part of my philosophy … is I believe in listening to people even when I disagree with them,” Obama said. “And part of the reason that the Jewish community in Chicago is so close to me is because they know that on many occasions I’ve spoken out vigorously against anti-Semitism, even in my own community, even when it’s not convenient.


Well, I can only say that at least on the issue of guns, this was not Obama's approach. When I knew him at the University of Chicago, he was unwilling to discuss the issue and indeed the impression that I got was that Obama was not willing to discuss issues that he disagreed with generally, though it might simply be he was unwilling to discuss issues with conservatives.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

In what sort of manner was he dismissive? Your report comes as no surprise.

5/23/2008 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home