8/05/2008

The "First Black President" now has to proclaim that "I am not a racist"

Is Bill Clinton a racist? Not as far as I can tell. It is just sad that political correctness these days has gotten to the point that it makes it necessary to defend against even the most innocent comments. However, Clinton does have something to do with making this worse. But there is one question that I have: why did Clinton pick this time to make this assertion? Was it to cause trouble for Obama? After all, the race issue had just surfaced as a bone of contention between McCain and Obama where McCain had just accused Obama of making race an issue. Instead, Clinton said this:

“I am not a racist,” Clinton said Monday in a testy interview with ABC News in Monrovia, Liberia, in response to a question that wasn’t quite related to that subject. "I've never made a racist comment, and I never attacked [Obama] personally."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

“I am not a racist."

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Democratic policies are indeed racist. Racist by way of lowered expectations. Racist in imposing dependency on government. Racist by way of the preoccupation with outcomes based on race.

8/05/2008 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home