9/19/2008

This is pretty funny: Obama outraged

From the Politico:

Obama outraged at being accused of not supporting something he doesn't support
Obama, on the trail in New Mexico, had this to say of McCain:

"And today he accused me of not supporting what the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank did with AIG despite no evidence whatsoever that that’s what I had said."

To recap, when I wrote earlier today that Obama supported the bailout, I quickly was instructed by his staff that this was not the case. He just didn't oppose it, I was told.

Now he's so adamant about not opposing the Fed's move that he's complaining about McCain's portrayal.

Where, I wonder, is the line between not opposing and, ya know, supporting.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Gallo said...

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

I'd say "you just can't make this stuff up," but it looks like Orwell indeed could.

While I understand a position of not opposing, yet not supporting, an issue, that generally means that I don't care. Apathy towards government intervention in the market? Not a good place for a Presidential candidate to be.

9/19/2008 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And today he accused me of not supporting what the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank did with AIG despite no evidence whatsoever that that’s what I had said."

Yup, "outraged" definitely a good choice of words here. I can feel the anger dripping from his voice.

Care to address McCain's flip flopping around the subject?

9/19/2008 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home