5/17/2009

Obama advisor, David Axelrod, suggests naming Obama family dog "Miss California"

This is one very weird sense of humor. The New York Times has this:

When Mr. Axelrod was asked how involved he was in the selection of Bo, he jokingly answered that he “only got called in for the final three.”
But as Mr. Axelrod was trying to set the record straight – he actually was not consulted – Mr. Sagal asked about the two runner-ups.

“One was Miss California,” Mr. Axelrod cracked to the audience’s laughter.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Obamas had already given their dog a name. Wasn't it Michelle?

5/18/2009 7:14 AM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Claude Betancourt:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, but I am only publishing your comment because it gives me a chance to say that I believe that such comments are inappropriate. Why do that when we have so many substantial comments to make?

5/18/2009 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

Wouldn't you agree my sense of humor is as weird as that of Axlerod's and reported by The Grey Lady? In that case I believe the comment is appropriate for the post.

Believe me, I spend a lot of time arguing about double standards in the mainstream media with the other side, which can be very frustrating at times, and sometimes a bit of their own medicine helps.

Thanks for not deleting the comment.

Claude

5/18/2009 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home