3/26/2011

Voter Photo ID bills moving through some state legislatures

Despite voters overwhelmingly favoring these laws, only a few states have enacted them and only a few more besides Texas are considering enacting them.

Twenty-eight states require voters to show some form of ID to vote, according to a late 2010 study by the National Conference of State Legislatures. But only eight require the more restrictive photo ID: Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan and South Dakota.
After Republicans dominated the 2010 elections, photo ID bills are working their way through several statehouses this year, including in Kansas, North Carolina Pennsylvania and Arkansas, where the House approved it on Monday. . . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

With the sole exception of military service, I have lived my entire life in Michigan, and I never ever once had a problem with the voter ID law here. The only glitch that I can ever recall, was a typo on my voter registration card concerning my address, and there was no problem, nor delay in correcting that, nor did it prevent me from voting the day I went to the polling place.

3/26/2011 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home