8/03/2011

"Only 125 Volts were sold during the month of July."

General Motors apparently can't sell Volts. Here I thought that GM just selling 281 in February was pretty bad. It was good only if you consider that the Nissan sold only 67 Leafs. Now just 125 were sold in July. An amazing number given the huge subsidies given to those who purchase these cars. There are of course other subsidies given to them also.

Sales of the much-hyped Chevy Volt fell to new lows as did GM share price as July auto sales figures came in. Only 125 Volts were sold during the month of July. Recent reports attributed the slump to supply constraints as GM spokeswoman, Michelle Bunker, was quoted as saying that the Volt was "virtually sold out" and only a "few" were available nationwide. I have confirmed that this statement is not entirely truthful and have gotten clarification from GM through Director of Communications, Greg Martin.

A search of cars.com site showed nearly 500 Chevy Volts listed for sale. I had originally assumed that GM dealers were advertising vehicles that were not actually available for sale, since GM has stated that there were only a "few" Volts available. I decided to call a few dealers within 75 miles of my location to determine what the true situation was. I stopped my research after finding that five of the first six dealers I called had Volts in inventory available for immediate sale. Two of the five dealers even had two each in stock. I can now safely assume that GM is, once again, not being entirely honest with its facts. The demand for the Chevy Volt is not as strong as GM would have us believe. . . .

The government gives everyone who buys one of the overpriced Volts or Leafs $7,500. . . .

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home