10/08/2012

Concealed handgun permit holder stops robbery in Wichita, Kansas

This was apparently a front page story in the Wichita Eagle.
. . . “Well, why don’t you just go ahead and give me your billfold and I won’t have to pull my gun?” Yager said the man told him. 
“I said, ‘Really?’ ” Yager said. “I reached over like I was going to get my billfold and grabbed my gun and stuck it in his face and said, ‘You mean like this?’ ” 
The would-be robber’s eyes grew wide and his demeanor suddenly shifted, Yager said.
“He says, ‘Oh, I was just kidding! I was just foolin’ with ya, ya know?’ ” Yager said the man replied. 
“Man, you don’t need to do that,” Yager said he told the man. “You was lucky you didn’t get shot. What you need to do is get the hell out of here before you get hurt.” 
The suspect removed his hands from his pockets and told Yager, “You have a nice day. I don’t really mean this. I’m just foolin’. I’m going to leave.” 
He did just that, running west on Douglas and then south on Walnut in the Delano neighborhood of west Wichita. . . . .
Thanks very much to Curt Ghormley for providing me with this link. 

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/10/02/2512030/armed-business-owner-thwarts-attempted.html#storylink=cpy....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cmblake6 said...

WOOT! That was a pleasant shift of circumstance!

10/08/2012 4:32 PM  
Blogger Kendall said...

It is for this very reason I have my concealed handgun permit. I hope that I never have to use it but will be prepared to if the need arises.

10/09/2012 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The interesting issue to me is "was this incident recorded officially by the government as a defensive use of a firearm?" I suspect incidents like this occur more frequently than we hear about and that they never make it into the statistics about guns and crime because no one fired a gun or got hurt.

10/11/2012 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home