12/19/2012

New piece at US News: "Gun Restrictions Leave People Vulnerable and Helpless"

My piece at US News starts this way:
When bad things happen with guns, the desire to ban guns is to take away guns is understandable. But doing that can often make problems worse. 
For example, it might seem obvious to protect people by banning guns in areas. But law-abiding citizens, not those intent on committing terrorist acts, obey these bans. Instead of making places safer, disarming law-abiding citizens leaves them as sitting ducks. With just one single exception, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the United States in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns. 
This isn't random. If it were, . . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger valentsgrif said...

You are a courageous seeker of truth. I thank you as does many fair minded people who pursue science over emotion. Keep fighting the good fight. It is appreciated.

12/19/2012 4:18 PM  
Blogger Mike Noll said...

If I have to defend myself and family from an armed attacker in my home, what weapon will the attacker mostly likely be using? A semi-auto! Therefore, why should I be forced to use 19th century gun technology, a bolt action of single shot, to defend myself. I want parity. I want to defend myself with the same technology as I will most likely face from an attacker. The 2nd amendment is not about deer hunting, it's about defense of person, property and state. One should be able to defend oneself with the best available legal tools

Regards

12/24/2012 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home