5/07/2013

Is Senator Ayotte changing her position on the gun background check bill?

There are background checks and background checks.  I have written about the changes that need to be made in the current bills to make them acceptable to me.  From Politico:

Facing a wave of intense criticism and plunging poll numbers after opposing a bill to expand background checks on gun purchases, New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte tried some damage control in an op-ed published Monday. 
“Out of state special interests are running false ads attacking me and even lying about my efforts to prevent gun-related violence,” Ayotte, a Republican, wrote in the op-ed, published by Patch news sites in New Hampshire. “I want to set the record straight: I support effective background checks and in fact voted recently to improve the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).” . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home